PS4 Share Button No Sound - Under Investigation

SteezeOrtiz
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-11-28 22:07
So I've been searching everywhere for an answer to the PS4 Share Button issue where your video clips and live streams have no sound.
I found the EA Customer Support Live chat and asked about the issue there. Here is the transcript of the whole conversation. He told me that they were currently investigating the issue.
I hope this puts ease to anyone else who was anxiously awaiting an answer on a fix or if EA/DICE was even aware of the problem.

Chat Transcript:

Iany Ionut: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Iany Ionut. How may I assist you today?
you: When i view a video clip recorded with the PS4 there is no sound.
you: There also isnt any sound while Live Streaming.
Iany Ionut: i am sorry sir but this is the Electronic Arts Battlefield chat
Iany Ionut: for technical issues about Playstation 4 features please contact their customer support service
you: Yes I know that
you: this is a battlefield 4 issue
you: All other games work wile using this feature exept for Battlefield 4
Iany Ionut: allright let me see if i can get any information about this issue
you: Okay thank you.
Iany Ionut: apparently there is no fix for this issue so far
Iany Ionut: I can see that only for BF4 it appears
you: Is it being looked into? I haven't seen EA or DICE publicly acknowledge the issue anywhere on the internet.
Iany Ionut: yes sir, the issue is currently under investigation
Iany Ionut: there is no other information about it
Iany Ionut: i aplologize for this inconvenience sir
you: Okay thank you for your time.
you: Have a nice day.
Iany Ionut: thank you for understanding sir
Iany Ionut: have a nice day!

Chat Transcript:

So as you can see the issue is under investigation and hopefully soon we will be able to share our "Only In Battlefield Moments".
VIDEOgameDROME
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-11-28 23:14
Let's hope so. So frustrating.
ryurage
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-11-28 23:24 , edited 2013-11-29 15:01 by ryurage
I frickin' LOVE how EA immediately points the fingers at the platforms prior to checking into the problem. Your game is broken. Fix it. This is not something new, EA. "We're checking with Microsoft to see what the problem is." Poor Second Assault people. Hopefully the xbox will not have any problems with the new DLC. The timed exclusivity should be ample enough to iron the kinks out prior to the DLC releases on the other systems.
SteezeOrtiz
2013-11-30 00:37
ryurage said:
I frickin' LOVE how EA immediately points the fingers at the platforms prior to checking into the problem.

That was only because I didn't make myself clear. As you can read I didn't mention Battlefield 4 in my question. I made it seem like I was asking EA about a PS4 issue. If I had clearly stated that this was a Battlefield issue then he would not have told me to contact PS4 customer support.
graham_cracka15
US Enlisted: 2012-07-29
2013-11-30 00:41
I'm kind of hoping they fix IN GAME problems before this. This is not a game breaking bug... Just put some music over your clips...

We need IN GAME fixes for bugs that affect GAMEPLAY not how the video captured function works.

CQ lag, crashing etc... FAR more important than this.
X-FEATURED-GAMER
Enlisted: 2013-11-18
2013-11-30 00:50
^^^ agreed fix Lagg crash cq that's all I want 4 now tired playing same mode over and over lol
PopeUrbanII
2013-11-30 00:57
I noticed that when I was in party chat this happened as well. It seemed fine when I was using group chat earlier this week.
http://www.twitch.tv/popeurbanii
casen_
2013-11-30 01:12
No, skip all the fixes. Give me sound.
Xixii
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-30 10:37
I really hope they fix this soon. Should be a priority IMO.
Alkanida
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-11-30 10:40
hope they fix it soon.

no problems with share button on KZ:SF
http://www.youtube.com/AK87Berlin
SteezeOrtiz
2013-11-30 19:30
Xixii said:

Yes, I agree. I haven't even had many problems online anyways. I have a Youtube channel and I need to upload frequent videos but I can't upload any of my BF4 moments if it doesn't have sound, and if I crash I just switch to another game, but when I get a 1000+ meter head shot and I can't upload it that is a problem.
djsy2008
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-11-30 19:47 , edited 2013-11-30 19:53 by djsy2008
SteezeOrtiz said:
Xixii said:
Yes, I agree. I haven't even had many problems online anyways. I have a Youtube channel and I need to upload frequent videos but I can't upload any of my BF4 moments if it doesn't have sound, and if I crash I just switch to another game, but when I get a 1000+ meter head shot and I can't upload it that is a problem.

You wish it was 1000+ lol.

In other news.

Yes bf4 streaming audio doesn't work.
Same for NBA.
NFS works and all other games like killzone, reso etc.