BF3 has stopped working (APPCRASH, awc.dll) - FIX

0ldskooler
Enlisted: 2012-10-21
2013-07-23 09:47
Hi, i just wanted to share something with you guys who have had problems with BF3 crashing right after you launch it from Origin. When i lauched the game, it said that the game has stopped working and when i clicked to see more detailed it displayed something like APPCRASH and that the fault name was awc.dll.
Now, i have tried EVERYTHING, i i tried all kinds of things that i read from forums and stuff but nothing happened.

I dont wanna write a big text for this, i just hope you guys have the same luck as me and hopefully fix the issue.

I fixed my problem by following this video tutorial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFtEtx0dx3w [youtube.com]

Feel free to share your feedback, if it worked for you or not etc.

Take care!
britisharmysas
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-07-23 10:42 , edited 2013-07-23 10:43 by britisharmysas
Yeah he has some good ideas in that video but not sure about the physics issue lol.

also which part of the fixes did you use to cure that acw.dll error?
gtx660 superclocked // amd fx 6300 black edition 4.5ghz // 2 x 4gb corsair vengeance ram // hyper evo 212 cooler // 700 watt silent psu // 1tb hybrid hard drive // M5A78L-M motherboard // windows 8.1 pro RTM
0ldskooler
Enlisted: 2012-10-21
2013-07-23 11:04 , edited 2013-07-23 11:05 by 0ldskooler
BRITISH-ARMY-SAS said:
Yeah he has some good ideas in that video but not sure about the physics issue lol.

also which part of the fixes did you use to cure that acw.dll error?

I did everything he did on the video. i downloaded the BIOS thing for my geforce graphic card, i ran the sfc /scannow command on cmd, i changed the PhysX to CPU, etc.. Im totally a noob when it comes to PCs and configuration stuff so i understand if some things that he mentioned on the video is not relevant, but im scared to change anything at this point beacuse it works great now (have had problems for almost 2 weeks) :)